1st Shift Forklift Operator
- · Check with Supervisor or Clerk for job orders.
- · At the beginning of each shift, inspect the powered industrial truck. Check for damage or problems and report them to your Supervisor. Document inspection on pre-operation inspection sheet.
- · Lock out / tag out unsafe or inoperable equipment.
- · Load, unload, and place product in proper storage bay stacked straight and neat.
- · Verify counts of incoming product, make necessary adjustments on paperwork, and initial any changes.
- · Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are free of damage and document or report immediately to supervisor.
- · Sign and date the paperwork when load is finished.
- · Accurately input information as trained with scanner, documenting all functions performed.
- · Ship accurate number of pieces per load worksheet.
- · Assist with inventory counts and proper stock rotation.
- · Change propane tanks properly and safely and change and charge batteries as needed.
- · Answer phones and take accurate messages.
- · Operate copy and fax machine as needed.
- · Use radio equipment for communication in a respectable manner.
- · Duties associated with housekeeping (throw away trash and sweep floors) and follow and maintain 5S standards.
- · Comply with OSHA standards and use safety equipment as required (eye and ear protection, back supports, and fall protection).
- · Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- · Report immediately any and all incidents occurring on the forklift (i.e. damage to property, near misses, accidents, etc.)
- · High School diploma or equivalent.
- · Must be at least 18 years of age.
- · Must obtain Industrial Truck Certification through in house training.
- · Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as requested by Supervisor.
- · Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, and reflective vest/high-visibility shirts are required, as specified by facility.
- Special requirements for Hydro Gear locations:
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Requires lifting and sorting of packages.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Must be able to work indoor without air conditioning and heat is maintained at 40° at most locations.