1st Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain contact with Facility Manager.
- Supervise all warehouse staff – shipping clerks, forklift operators and spotters.
- Maintain records on all equipment in facility.
- Ensure facility securement at the end of the day (doors, gates, lights, etc.).
- Assist with Employee Performance Reviews.
- Ensure all employees are cross-trained in all warehouse duties and functions.
- Assure that all shipments are scheduled and shipped on a daily basis.
- Assist with setting schedules to minimize OT hours.
- Make sure all maintenance schedules are kept (doors, lifts, and warehouse grounds).
- Ensure all trucks are checked – GAF and JM.
- Maintain customer relations.
- Promote additional opportunities with current and future customers.
- Ensure correct inventory counts.
- Monitor and audit 5S Areas.
- Responsible for motivation of teams and team building environment.
- Produce and process all Quality tags.
- Manage/schedule any required OT in order for schedule attainment for the week.
- Approve employee hours worked – daily and totals for week for payroll.
- Handle Employee Disciplinary Actions regarding performance and attendance.
- Monitor all floor activity for conformance of safety policies and quality processes.
- Conduct regular Safety Meetings with all employees, including Temps.
- Work with team members to review and update SOPs.
- Work with the team on profitability and process improvements.
- Conduct all Accident reviews in Warehousing.
- Conduct random drug testing per training and company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand machine/people scheduling – order attainment – prioritize.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with discretion and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function in a team based environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing – internal & external customers.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Participate in corrective and preventative initiatives.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as requested by Facility Manager.
- Forklift experience
- Work is normally performed on production floor with some office/computer time.