2nd Shift Industrial Painter
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Correctly identifies products/components by customer and/or color.
- Moves products/components to and/or within work area.
- Loads and unloads products/components from and/or to pallets, carts, machines, conveyors, ect....
- Demonstrates a working understanding of the basic procedures of preparing cylinders before paint. (how to hang,whether to use plugs, grease, ect...)
- Correctly uses the scheduled shipment by using the shipping schedule or computer.
- Understands and operates the various machines used in the painting process.
- Uses proper painting techniques and paint troubleshooting.
- Pallets products/components using the basic knowledge of palleting and pallet building. (pallet size, using foam, radius boards, ect...)
- Correctly inspects and identifies rejected cylinders before or after painting (broken plugs, bad welds, missing bushings, light or heavy paint, ect...) and corrects various paint defects.
- May enter required data into computer.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Keeps track of paint inventory.
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to all RMT, Inc. policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all RMT, Inc. employees.
Profile, Specific Training and Certification
l Able to apply common sense understanding to basic work processes.
l Carries out detailed, but simply stated, written or oral instructions.
l Handles problems involving a few concrete and routine job specific variables
l Demonstrates attention to detail.
l Ability to see color.
l Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides all units of measure.
l Demonstrates commitment to the realization of company goals.
l Demonstrates commitment to working in a team setting.
l Communicates (speaks, understands, reads, and writes sentences/simple paragraphs ) in English.
l Training to specific job responsibilities.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
l Responsible to paint line supervisor.
l Position requires lifting up to 70lbs.
l Employee is expected to become familiar with work area and general plant layout.
l Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee assigned by supervision.
l Employee is required to purchase basic tools required by job responsibilities.
l Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Saturday hours.
l Employee is expected to help in other production areas when assigned to do so by the work group leader.
l Commitment to high standards of workmanship, in the production of quality products and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all RMT. Inc. positions.
l Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an expectation of all RMT. Inc. positions.