2nd Shift - Production Operator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify appropriate persons of any malfunctions.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using lifting tools as required
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete
- Mark or tag identification on parts/totes
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment
- Maintain equipment and clean working areas
- Record information, such as the number of products tested, meter readings, or dates and times of production processes.
- Follows established policies and procedures outline in the work instructions.
- Ensures final products meet customer quality standards.
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, team leaders and material handlers regarding production status (i.e. down time, material shortage, etc.).
- Maintains daily production sheets utilizing the correct task codes for production time, down time, floor time, etc.; ensures that daily production totals are accurate.
- Assist in maintaining work area (i.e. sweeping, emptying trash, etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Complexity of Duties
Simple routine duties that follow definite procedures. Employee works as instructed and consults with supervisor and/or team leader as needed on all matters not specifically covered in instructions or guidelines.
Ability to add and subtract one and three digit numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
The work environment involves moderate risks requiring special safety precautions (i.e. working around moving parts or machines, and utilization of pallet jacks/tools in material handling). The work environment requires safe work practices and the adherence to general safety regulations.
The work requires some physical exertion such as prolonged periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, reaching and recurring lifting of objects 25-50 lbs. The work may require specific, but not common physical characteristics and abilities such as above average agility and dexterity.