2nd Shift Quality Technician
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform general auditing duties plus specific tasks in the Quality Assurance Department and manufacturing plant that involves using measuring tools, reading blueprints, data entry, problem solving, documentation and communication with manufacturing personnel/support groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support production personnel with verification of properly set-up gauging and gauge use.
- Support production personnel with print interpretation, inspection instructions and control plan, where applicable.
- Perform in-process audits on production parts.
- Audit inspection documentation/procedures to assure all personnel assigned are following.
- Responsible for non-conformance evaluation, disposition and proper record keeping.
- Has authority to stop production of questionable quality that does not meet customer specifications, make the area leadership aware of problem and assist in resolution.
- Maintain all necessary data entry into systems to assure proper record keeping of non-conformance, receiving inspection results, etc.
- Support production with first piece inspection verification as needed.
- Suggests changes to make improvements in areas that affect quality, productivity and total customer satisfaction.
- Support customer audit requirements in production areas as needed.
- Support gauge calibration system as required.
- All other duties as required.
Education, Prior Work Experience, Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
· High School Diploma
Min. Work Experience
· Ability to help train people in print interpretation and in the operation/setup of all measuring tools/gauges.
· Must have the ability to lift 60 pounds as needed.
· Must have 1-3 years experience in manufacturing environment.
· Ability to read/interpret blue prints.
· Ability to operate height gauges, calibers, micrometers, thread gauges and other traditional measuring devices.