3rd Shift Plater
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Read blueprints and job travelers for part specifications, such as dimensioning for chrome depth.
2. Remove holes and defects in rods, using automatics and hand and bader buffers.
3. Observes operation and can regulate tanks by making adjustments to rectifiers and tank time.
4. Performs accurate and timely inspections required by the job sheet/print, group leaders, the QC department, and the manufacturing manager.
5. Uses the chrome and thickness gages to monitor chrome depth.
6. Identifies and separates all nonconforming parts.
7. Produces parts at a rate that meets or exceeds production standards.
8. Performs all secondary operations and inspections, including deburring and cleaning all parts produced.
9. Accurately counts and packs finished parts neatly for transport to their next work station.
10.Keeps equipment and work area clean.
11.Handles all hazardous materials in a safe manner and disposal of these materials in accordance to OSHA regulations and RMT, Inc. safety rules and policies.
12.Practices good work habits, including being productive, efficient, staying busy, being dependable, and cleaning/organizing work area.
13.Is a productive member of his/her work group/department and adheres to all RMT, Inc. policies. This includes following all safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all RMT, Inc. employees.
Profile, Specific Training and Certification
1. Able to handle minor trouble shooting problems and interpret a variety of verbal or written instructions.
2. Has a working understanding of basic math principles.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
4. Able to take measurements to verify part conformance to the print.
5. Basic mechanical aptitude with the various types of tools used in the plating process.
6. Communicates in English.
7. Can read/comprehend safety rules, equipment manuals, job sheets, and blueprint notations in English.
8. Will have specific training for job responsibilities.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
1. The position requires the ability to lift 70lbs.
2. Become familiar with plant layout.
3. Employee is responsible to set up person, group leader, and shift leader/supervisor.
4. Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee as assigned by supervision.
5. Employee is required to purchase basic tools as required by job responsibilities.
6. Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and or Saturday hours.
7. Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products, and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all RMT, Inc. positions.