3rd Shift Tool Crib Attendant
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors all key inventory items for the Main Tool Crib to assure the supply is controlled and replenished.
• Monitors all vending dispensers to make sure vendors are on top of an adequate supply of material.
• Prints and analyzes monthly dispensing reports from the Main Tool Crib and vending dispensers for usage anomalies and sends the appropriate reports to accounting for employee charges. i.e. Gloves, Safety Glasses, etc.
• Keeps adequate special tooling on hand for cells and machines.
• Identify and secure high value tooling for locked crib inventory control where appropriate.
• Receives packages from Receiving, unpacks them, checks the parts against his copy of the requisition, and stores them correctly in the Tool Crib or delivers them to their point-of-use location.
• Makes sure all tooling is sufficiently identified, labeled, or engraved so it can be easily found in its proper bin.
• Assign locations, print barcodes, and add children to parent tools so employees can look up spare parts for tooling easily.
• Monitor scanning station and other machines in the Tool Crib. Write maintenance request if necessary.
• Sharpens tools as required and packages, gets paperwork to ship damaged tools or tools to sharpen to outside vendors as required.
• Writes requisitions for restocking the Tool Crib and accepts properly filled out requisitions approved and initialed by the Area Supervisor, Process Engineer, or Mechanical Engineer.
Education, Prior Work Experience, Specialized Skills and Knowledge
• Experienced Machinist with understanding of machine tooling, inserts, mills, reamers, and taps. Experienced with various toolholders, live tooling, lathe chucks and their accessories.
• Ability to sharpen and repair various tools.
• Understand organization and flow of inventory.
• Effectively work with vendors to maintain an excellent supply, expedited supply, or safety stock, assuring that tooling is always available to manufacturing.
• Able to work with Process Engineering and Purchasing maintain the best tooling for Manufacturing at the lowest total cost.
• Has worked with organized inventory storage and stock monitoring systems
• Able to use common sense to maintain an organized and adequately stocked Tool Crib.
• Capable of carrying out detailed, but simply stated, written or oral instructions.
• Can demonstrate effective problem solving i.e. when unforeseen shortages occur.
• Adds, Subtracts, Multiplies, and Divides all units of measure.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Position requires some lifting up to 70 lbs.
• Become familiar with the general plant layout.
• Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products, and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.
• Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.
• Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Saturday hours.