Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code :
Perrysburg - Industrial
Compensation : 14.00 USD/HOUR
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Bachelors Degree in Business or technical field
Job Category :
Administrative and Support Services
Job Description :
- Select from qualified sources of supply, as defined by senior or strategic buyer, to obtain materials.
- Negotiate price, terms, and conditions for all assigned purchased materials, and be knowledgeable of proper contract and legal forms and practices.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate industry conditions and advancements, which may have an effect upon design, lead-time, cost or marketing.
- Control the flow of purchased material in line with production schedules and inventory investment targets.
- Obtain advanced knowledge of material requirements for new parts and products and take the necessary actions to assure their availability when needed. Coordinate the phase-in/phase-out of stock production material.
- Establish relations and communications with suppliers required for free flow of information concerning new developments, designs, materials, market trends, and lead times.
- Utilize forecast material requirements and analyze to make the necessary adjustments as market load and product mix changes occur to achieve the proper balance between inventory investment and production requirements.
- Meet price variance and cost improvement targets.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, and with support functions as required to meet the needs of all customers.
- Investigate all occurrences of nonconforming material and facilitate their resolution and prevention.
- Provide direction and assistance to Associate Buyer’s and clerical support.
- Must be willing to work as an active team member on team projects as they are assigned.
- May be required to travel on occasion.
Required Qualifications :
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and product, and material/production/inventory control techniques. Requires knowledge of negotiation techniques and of commodity data sources.
- Bachelor Degree with major preferred in business or technical field and three-five years experience in purchasing related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Production and Inventory Manager (CPIM) preferred.