Inspector - 3rd Shift
Inspects target number of parts for conformance to specifications. Inspection process includes a sequence of visual checks and/or measurements to assure parts meet internal and customer specifications. Must compare appearance and/or defects to established boundaries. Alert team leader / supervisor of abnormalities.
Visual inspection is an integral process to control the quality of our parts and manufacturing processes by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize work in accordance with customer orders as directed by supervisor and production control. Be sure to inspect the proper quantities and maintain first-in / first-out.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of parts in accordance with operation standard.
- Packages parts in accordance with customer requirements and places finished parts in appropriate shipping area.
- Understands boundaries for each part number and trains other inspectors as needed.
- Records inspection and scrap quantities. Informs team leader when percentage of defective parts exceeds allowable limits.
- Changeover and troubleshooting of minor mechanical problems with inspection tables required.
- Completes paperwork at the end of the day.
- Completes the graph boards daily.
- Must maintain 5S in work area and support department activities.
- Provide input for inspection methods and improvements related to the job
- Assist production, quality, and engineering departments in investigations of part or process related quality issues
- Provide samples and communication to Production and QA Management concerning quality issues when required
- Must work overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements include strong communication skills, and at times the ability to work with vague instruction / limited information.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Possess good interpersonal skills, including written and verbal.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages to practical problems.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems, interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; use of hands; manipulate or feel parts; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The employee may need to stoop, kneel, reach, or balance. Must be able to see and separate visible defects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified Associates receive
Competitive Pay at Premier Companies
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
401K & Profit Sharing Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay