Feeds, catches, folds, and sort flatwork ironed linens and aprons
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· To provide clean and ironed linens and aprons to our customers
Primary Goals and Objectives:
Napkins and Aprons:
· Drop napkins and aprons from overhead sling into cart.
· Sort napkins and aprons (if necessary) and feed into the iron while inspecting for stains. Stained items will be put into proper rewash cart.
· Napkins will be removed from the accumulator in stacks of 25 napkins. Two stacks of napkins will be put on the conveyor, one on top of the other
· Stained napkins will be removed from the accumulator and replaced with a clean napkin
· Aprons will be folded per instructions, placed in stacks of 10’s and placed on the conveyor. Bar, bistro and bib 2nds will be identified prior to wrapping
Tablecloths and Sheets:
· Drop aprons from overhead sling into cart
· Prep tablecloths and sheets and feed into the iron while inspecting for stains. Stained linens will be folded at a corner and ran through the iron. The associate unloading the iron will be put the stained linen into the proper rewash cart.
· Ironed and folded sheets will be quickly inspected and stored on the designated storage shelf
· Ironed and folded tablecloths will be inspected, sorted by sizes and shades, and stacked on the conveyor in the posted quantities.
Job Requirements / Physical Demands:
· Ability to stand all day while working at a fast pace
· Eye – Hand coordination critical to perform task and garner an acceptable output
· Use of back and arm muscles
· Some lifting required (usually less than 20 pounds)
- Withstand above normal heat index in the summer.
· Basic understanding of computer touch screen
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED