Job Type :
Reference Code :
Fremont - Industrial
Compensation : 15.00 USD/HOUR
Required Education :
Job Category :
Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
Performing melt room duties such as furnace operation, raw material feed system, refining/alloying, transferring, dredging, class 1 material inspection, and crucible testing. Employee will be consistently exposed to extreme heat.
Essential functions and basic duties:
1. Overall awareness of the operational and mechanical performance of the Melt room equipment.
- Understand how to perform tasks using the equipment.
2. Inspection of Class 1 and Non-Class 1 material.
-Material must be free of foreign material such as wood, paper, trash, etc.
3. Operation of Break Down furnaces A & B.
- Lighting of furnaces.
- Maintaining temperatures throughout the melting process.
4. Charging the Furnaces
- Operation of raw material feeding system
- Charging the furnaces at the proper time
- Maintain metal in an "ice cream" state throughout the melting process
5. Refining the material
- Adding flux and mixing the metal
- Taking sample buttons for material analysis
- Alloying the material to the proper specification (adding of Aluminum, Manganese, and Zinc
6. Transferring the material to the holding furnace
- Set the furnace for transfer, proper placement of pump and pipes
- Operation of transfer pump
7. Dredging the Furnace
- Set-up dredger to remove Dross from the furnace
- Place dross pans near the furnace
- Remove Dross from the furnace
- Scrape furnace walls
- Keep melt room swept and clean
- Keep stairways, aisles, and deck surfaces clear
- Shake down and clean bags in the Bag House when needed
9. Record data
- Record all data to the heat sheet
Required Qualifications :
Must be able to work in a hot atmosphere for extended periods of time. Company will issue a respirator if necessary on day one.
Must be able to climb steps, stand for long periods of time, lift furnace tools and lift up to 50 lbs.
Basic math and good communication skills.
Must be able to read and write in English.
Certified skid - steer loader operator.