Part Time Custodian
- Uses custodial daily checklist to ensure accurate and timely completion of cleaning and sanitation duties.
- Performs general custodial duties including but not limited to cleaning up spills, mopping, sweeping, stripping and waxing floors, replacing light bulbs, properly disposing of recyclables, emptying trash, and washing windows.
- Operates custodial equipment, such as industiral sweepers and uses a variety of cleaning and sanitizing agents in performing assigned tasks.
- Inspects condition of restroom facilities; cleans restroom facilities and replenishes supplies as needed.
- Maintains clean appearance of all areas by dusting and cleaning desks, tables, book shelves, file cabinets, and other flat surfaces that dirt and dust collect.
- Responds to reports, and removes or secures areas that develop safety hazards.
- Reports property damage of school and church to supervisor.
- Responds quickly to emergency cleanups, such as spills and clogged drains.
- Maintains proper organization of equipment and tools.
- Notifies supervisor of need for reordering supplies and assists with unloading and putting away supplies as necessary.
- Assists office personnel with tasks, such as moving boxes, cabinets, furniture, and other related office equipment.
- Efficiently sets up mats, tables, chairs, projectors, DVD's, Computers, Screens and other items required for parish and school events.
- Efficiently returns tables, chairs, projectors, DVD's, computers, screen, mats and other items required for parish and school events to their proper storage location.
- Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner including snow and ice removal, mowing grounds maintenance equipment.
- Unlocks church and turns on lights as specified by facility schedule.
- Locks and properly secures all facility building doors and windows when closing as specified in locking up process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be able to read and have a working knowledge of the Parish Employee Handbook.
- Basic computer skills to be able to log-in and out for scheduling and payroll purposes.
- Must successfully pass and maintain required Diocese of Toledo protecting youth employment requirements including BCI/FBI background checks prior to employment.
- Must maintain a high level of attention to detail,quality,accuracy, and efficiency.
- Must be able to prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve or offer problem solving solutions, follow through, and manage multiple work functions.
- Must be able to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Must be able to distinguish sound frequencies,colors and odors in and around the buildings in order to recognize problems, safety issues and troubleshoot for repairs.
- Must be able to read, follow directions and utilize the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) when using any chemical to perform job duties.
- Utilize effective oral and written communications with team members, co-workers, employees, parishioners, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide useful information.
- Must be able to work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights and temperature extremes, indoor or outdoor to complete work assignments.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels.
- Employee must have the ability to read and follow general written instructions, procedures, product assembly instructions and manuals. Ability to communicate and respond to questions from managers, vendors, employees, and parishioners is a basic requirement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; recognize temperature changes of cold and hot; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; speak understandable; differentiate various sounds. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position requires on-call availability for emergencies, day time, split work times, evening, weekend and holiday hours.