Work Up Technician
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
•Promptlyandprofessionallyassists the doctor inpatient care.
•Performs technicalworkups,patientinterviewsandspecial testing.
· Ability to work up a minimum of three patients per hour.
•Communicateswith patientsregardingfollow-upcare, surgeries, procedures,changes inschedule,symptoms, surgeryscheduling,etc.
•Maintainsandcleans allequipmentbeing used.
· Learns to assist withminorsurgery.
Tear Lab testing
Duties include, but not limited to, the above description and may be changed in writing or verbally at any time by the Clinic Coordinator.
Minimum Demonstrated Skills
· Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers, supervisor and Doctor’s is critical.
· Must be willing to work in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
· Displays consistent professionalism.
· Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
· Consistently demonstrates positive attitude and team work with fellow employees.
· Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment and scheduling.
· Shows initiative towards continued learning and certification.
· Must be able to read and write with correct spelling.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular and systemic medications.