1st Shift - Finisher
To operate multiple pieces of finishing/shrink equipment and processes with speed and accuracy. To assist and lead Improvement Initiatives with management. To be able to troubleshoot equipment effectively.
- Review orders for finishing specifications and verify product with the order to customer specifications.
- Run finishing equipment with high quality standards, minimal scrap and acceptable productivity levels.
- Operate and troubleshoot Box Erector and Box Sealer
- Rotate with Team members to include boxing of product
- Utilize RF Smart and Thermal Printer to create production case labels
- Lean to operate Zebra thermal printer to create barcode labels for product as needed
- Inform immediate Supervisor of key issues daily.
- Set a good example for all employees by displaying an excellent work ethic, being a team member, and observing all company policies.
- Perform troubleshooting for Shrink Equipment.
- Keep work area and inventory area organized and clean per GMP/SQF guidelines
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to be licensed for Powered Pallet Jack Lift
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read ruler to increments of 1/64”
- Ability to work with independently
- Ability to do simple math
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with other departments
- Must be available for overtime
- Ability to work well with peers and supervisors.
- Flexibility to switch to different areas and tasks as needed
Training and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Climbing – ascending and descending
- Stooping, reaching, standing,
- Pushing, pulling and using push cart,
- Lifting up to 50-75 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects
- Fingering, grasping and feeling.
- Talking, hearing and repetitive motion
- Medium work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and climbing.
- Required to function in narrow aisles.