1st Shift Machine Operator
Location : Ottawa, OH
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : Napoleon-Industrial
Compensation : 14.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6 Months
Required Education : HSD/GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
- Follow quality policy
- Comply too company policies and procedures and continuous improvement activities for the QMS.
- Work Safely and use proper PPE, notify group leader, supervisor, or maintenance of any safety issues.
- Produce quality product by following appropriate mfg. methods and inspections.
- Meet minimum production pieces per requirements.
- Poke Yoke (fail-safe devices) used 100% as required/never bypass device.
- Perform daily startup checks.
- Follow operator instructions for process.
- Read and complete inspection forms.
- Read and follow information in job books.
- Check for Quality Alerts Daily.
- Verify document information and complete appropriate forms.
- Move tag completion, tractability records.
- Complete forms as necessary, such as reward tags, scrap tickets, job cards, etc.
- Notify group leader, Supervisor, or quality inspector when a defect is discovered.
- Notify group leader, or Quality Inspector when a change point occurs.
- Follow coil change instructions at every occurrence.
- Follow miss-hit instructions at every occurrence.
- Contain defective parts in reds bins.
- Inspect parts for quality criteria, visual, general and part specific.
- Notification to forklift driver of parts needed prior to completing current container of parts.
- Maintain mfg. works areas to ensure cleanliness and organization
- Scrap, re-welds, general trash, sweep, etc.
- Sort parts for defect determined.
- Clean parts.
- Package parts.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
As a Time Staffing probationary associate, you can become eligible for:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Referral Bonuses
- Scholarship Opportunities
Required Qualifications :
- Some machine Operator experience
- As per attendance policy (vacations and personal time must be submitted for approval-This must be done at the minimum 2 days prior to date requesting).
- High School Diploma or GED (or in the process of obtaining a GED).
- On the job training as needed based on the specific job.
- Orientation training requirements.
- Achieve Qualified status/refer to TRAINING WELD/STAMP/GMAW QUALITY QUALIFICATION form as applicable.
- Abnormal conditions training as applicable.
Weight Lifting Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds continuously throughout the shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand 8 hours per day, twisting, bending, and using both hands with possibility of overtime.