Inspector/Packaging Night Shift
Qualified Associates receive
Competitive Pay at Premier Companies
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
401K & Profit-Sharing Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Has a fundamental responsibility to ensure product safety and quality as it applies to all duties listed below; Will promote a safe working environment.
- Understands and adheres to all safety policies and procedures to prevent injury to self and co-workers.
- Will have the immediate responsibility to assure that finished goods meet or exceed our customers; expectations.
- The Inspector will be responsible for finding the classification of typical defects encountered.
- Critical defects are defects that are likely to cause the failure of the package to the point where the package will not fulfill its intended purpose and is likely to result in an unsafe or hazardous condition to the customer or end-user.
- Major defects are defects that may cause handling or performance problems but not package failure.
- Minor defects are defects that are aesthetically objectionable but will not cause package failure.
- Will alert the Operator to all defects so that the defects can be addressed.
- Will be responsible for verifying the specifications sheet that packaging parameters are being met.
- Will safely perform any rework required.
- The Inspector will safely perform housekeeping duties and will keep the work area clean.
- When a line goes down the inspector will clean the entire line area.
- Will promote a teamwork atmosphere by assisting where needed in housekeeping, organizing, packing, transporting corrugated, erecting corrugated, performing rework.
- Will safely assist the Operator in grinding bottles during startup of the machines, clear jams on the downstream, housekeeping around the entire machine including grinders, downstream, under the takeout.
- Will safely assist the Maintenance department through housekeeping on and around machines that are down for planned maintenance.
- Evaluates and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe work environment with established standards and guidelines.
- Inspect work areas, and look for unsafe acts/conditions.
- Effectively use verbal and written communications. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform sweeping, cleaning, sorting duties as necessary.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and procedures.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds continuously throughout the shift. Work involves continuous lifting, bending, reaching, and twisting.
This position requires the cognitive and mental ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail. A drug-free workplace.
Schedule: 12-hour shift