Production Associate 3rd Shift
The Production Operator who do the tasks of Winder includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Putting the SMC into the proper storage area.
2. Inspect/Monitor SMC for:
-black spots, streaks, dry glass, telescoping edges, material folds, and
Contact supervisor to determine if SMC is to be placed on HOLD
3. The cutting out of scrap.
4. Weighing and Recording of the SMC.
5. Helping to refill Poly stations.
6. Filter cleaning and whatever the machine operator may request during machine
-Around the machines
-Clean up and disposal of the SMC machine at end of production shift
-machine pipes, filters, clamp gaskets, and wash area
-Festoon SMC in festoon box
-Proper festooning/Fill to Spec (varies)
-Place bar code ticket on box
-Place festoon box in maturation room or cold room as required
-Lining festoons and covering material with poly when required
-Removing old labels, insuring labels are correct, making trial labels
9. Anything else the shift supervisor deems necessary
II – Glass Tender Position Summary and Job Function
The Production Operator who do the tasks of Glass Tender includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Open up glass
2. Break down skids
3. Sweep and stack skids. Organize trash cardboard and plastic throughout the shift and haul outside at end of shift
4. Relieve machine operator and winder as needed
5. Sweep and vacuum floor, rollers and other equipment
6. Splice glass from one skid to next. Following sequence procedures, make sure the glass strands are not crossed with adjacent dolfs.
7. Put glass up
8. Glass change - Take down old, put up new, tie in/splice. Keep partials in orderly fashion; always put up partials first; use allpartials.
9. Monitor glass as it runs. If glass out (alarm), blow it down* (nozzle in tube with strand til it "catches"); Balled up strands- cut out and blow itdown*
10. Rotate dolfs on narrow material so as to use up skids evenly; remove poly from skid as glass is used.
11. Relieve other glass tender(s) leaving one person upstairs at alltimes
12. Report problems with glass out detection to supervisor orengineering.
III - Extra Position Summary and Job Function
The Production Operator who do the tasks of Extra includes doing the above tasks of Winder and Glass Tender, or the Extra may include but is not limited to the following:
1. Constructing boxes
2. Runs to warehouse
3. Process hold tickets
4. And fill in on direct jobs where employee has capability to do that position.
High School Diploma or GED and Fork Lift Qualifications
Competitive Pay at Premier Companies
Health, Dental, Vision insurance
401(k) & Profit Sharing Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay